Monday, November 10, 2008

How to buy things for the baby: Tutorial

My lovely husband brought it to my attention that the alternative registry feature that I have created in lieu (for now) of a baby shower is a tad bit confusing. Here's my best attempt to make it more understandable.

So if you click on the link to the Registry (in the upper left hand corner of the blog) you will get to the homepage. FEAR NOT! This is just one step towards your journey!

Next, navigate over to the right hand side of the screen under the FIND function. If you put in our last name (NOTE: not the hyphenated last name, just BP's) into the name box it will direct you to the Baby shower registry I set up.

The name of the Registry is TEAM OUR LAST NAME(/nod to C the G). If you hit VIEW, you will get a list of the things I have added to the registry as things we would be interested in. They are NOT in any particular order of significance or importance and I am not finished adding items.

Please read the paragraph description for the items as the WANT function is a bit limited to just number of items and doesn't allow for any text in that cell. I have tried to be specific as to what things on the webstite we'd be interested in. I provided a link to the site whenever possible. If something is broken please shoot me a email or call and let me know so I can fix it.

I have NO expectations that folks are going to buy things for the baby, but if you do choose to get a little sumptin' sumptin' for the tenant, please check and see if it's on the registry and if not, (or it's a big purchase we might need to discuss specifics for) just give us a call. I don't want to dissuade anyone from purchasing that cute little teeshirt or a book or two, but just remember we are mostly a no media house. So as much as you might love that Disney stuffed toy or the DVD of kids songs, we won't use 'em.

If you are searching around on your own, feel free to look at things that either the Waldorf school system or Montessori school system endorses. Almost all of those items are Tenant friendly!

AND, while often overlooked, practical things really really would help. Baby wipes, powders, lotions, glass baby bottles, diaper service, shoes of many sizes, receiving blankets, breast pads, gently used maternity wear (for the mama) are all things that might seem "less" important compared to that pair of baby socks (and way less cute) but they add up for us monetarily.

I would, however, be psyched if anyone wanted to set up a 529 college fund for junior...but give me a call if that is actually a reality for ya'll in this economic climate.

FYI for all you folks who HAVE a packet of kids already, we are MORE that happy to take your hand me down baby clothes for any age! They grow so fast there is no way these things are worn out. I would be happy to pay shipping postage for boxes of these things.

So there you have it! If you have any problems getting into the registry or figuring out what the heck I'm trying to say just let me know! Thank you in advance for all the support.

Swimmingly,

KT and the Tenant

No comments: