Friday, November 14, 2008

High Chairs and kid tables are wacky!


So I was perusing the Internet the other day and lo and behold, I think to myself, "Self, you might need a high chair in the near-ish future. Let's go take a look-see".

DANG! High chairs have gotten all high tech from my days of babysitting and general kid wrangling. I have no idea what kind of degree you need to get to work these gadgets but it must be expensive to acquire.

I have to give it to the Swedes, they are an inventive bunch. the model on the right is my favorite of the myriad of chairs I looked at, mostly because it can be used as a chair for a table as the child grows.

AND it looks like a combination of a spaceship and a torture device all rolled into one.

The reality of the situation is, in this household, we don't eat at a table. Ever. We are dedicated living room floor sitters and I suspect that what is going to happen will be a purchase of a low child size table and chairs that eating and crafts can be performed on. The Good Reverend's family used this technique for most of the 6 kids they have, resorting to some sort of booster / highchair idea only in the last couple of years.

Like this table...it's cute. I hate to admit my like of such a obviously child directed item, but dang, it's cute.


And the little chairs just kill me. KILL ME!

If anyone knows me well, they know I have a soft spot in my heart for wooden chairs. I don't know what it is about them but I think they are classy.

The idea of little kids in wooden chairs is JUST about as good as little kid toes, which are arguably the BEST part of little kids. Hands down...it's the toes.


There we have a pretty anti-deep thought post regarding what's been filling my brain the last couple of days.

Well...that and rocking chairs. That will be my next great research project. OH, and diaper covers. Since we are committing to cloth diapers, getting the correct diaper snuggy to cover that diaper is apparently, pretty important. We'll see how I do.

I'll put a link up in the Alternative registry when I do in case anyone has a burning desire to purchase said diaper covers.

Any suggestions from the crowd? Has anyone gone the cloth diaper route and has a diaper cover they would suggest? Gotta keep that cute little tush covered somehow!

Swimmingly,

Kt and Tenant

2 comments:

thejasminepearl said...

I got no muffins to call my own, but the g diaper covers look great. Google G diaper to find them.

Bentley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.